Dr. Shai Shefi is an expert in
Dr. Shai Shefi, M.D.
Director Advanced Andrology Clinic, Department of Urology. Ichilov Top, Tel Aviv, Israel.
Dr. Shefi specializes in modern medical and microsurgical aspects of andrology: male infertility, testosterone deficiency, male sexual dysfunction, genital pain
Hebrew & English
Education & Fellowships
- The Hebrew University – Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem, Israel: M.D.
- Residency in Urology, the Department of Urology, Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel – Hashomer, Israel
- Fellowship - University of California, San Francisco Andrology (UCSF), USA
- Fellowship - Department of Urology Andrology, University of California, San Francisco (UCSF), USA
- Male Infertility Unit Attending Urologist, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
- Pioneering of Microsurgery in Male Infertility in Israel, Advanced Andrology Clinic, Ichilov Top, Tel Aviv
- Director Advanced Andrology Clinic, Department of Urology. Ichilov Top, Tel Aviv, Israel.
- Cook Urology Travel Award, American Society of Andrology.
- American Physicians Fellowship for Medicine in Israel.
- American Urological Association /Yamanouchi Best Abstract Prize in the category of Infertility.
- The Israel Cancer Association research award: The Development and Manipulation of a Human Spermatogonial Stem Cell Line to Study Testis Cancer Oncogenesis.
- The California Urology Foundation - Development and Manipulation of a Human, Spermatogonial Stem Cell Line.
Research Interests & Advanced Training
- Male Infertility: Microsurgery and medical treatment
- Testosterone Deficiency Syndrome
- Male sexual dysfunction
- Male Genital Pain