Dr. Marat Khaikin is an expert in
Dr. Marat Khaikin, M.D.
Senior Staff colorectal surgeon, The Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel-Hashomer, Israel.
Dr. Marat Khaikin specializes in Colon and Rectal Surgical Oncology (Cancer Surgery), Sphincter-Preserving Operations, Advanced Minimally-Invasive and Robotic Colorectal Surgery, Proctology, Pouch Operations.
Hebrew, Russian & English
Education & Fellowships
- Medical School (graduated Magna cum Laude) – Grodno State Medical Institute, Grodno, Belarus
- Internship, Soroka Medical Center, Beer-Sheva, Israel
- General Surgery Residency, Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel-Hashomer, Israel
- Fellowship - ACGME Accredited Clinical Colorectal Surgery – Department of Colorectal Surgery, Cleveland Clinic Florida, Weston, Florida, USA
- Fellowship - Clinical Research Colorectal Surgery, Department of Colorectal Surgery, Cleveland Clinic Florida, Weston, Florida, USA
- Board Certifications - General Surgery
- Senior Staff colorectal surgeon, The Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel-Hashomer, Israel.
- Dr. Marat Khaikin was the first surgeon in Israel to perform:
- Laparoscopic colon and stomach resections through the vagina without an abdominal incision (Hybrid NOTES Technique)
- Laparoscopic colon and rectal resections through a single umbilical incision (SILS)
- Rectal tumor excision through the anus (TAMIS technique)
- Robotic (daVinci) single incision sigmoid and rectal resections
- Member of the American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons
- da Vinci Surgical System Off-Site Training Program for a Console Surgeon, IRCAD-EITS, Laparoscopic Training Center, European Institute of TeleSurgery, Strasbourg, France
- SILS (Single Incision Laparoscopic Surgery) Masterclass Course, Covidien European Training Center, Elancourt, France
- International NOTES (Natural Orifice Transluminal Endoscopic Surgery) Hands-On Course, IRCAD/EITS, Laparoscopic Training Center, European Institute of TeleSurgery, Strasbourg, France
- TEM (Transanal Endoscopic Microsurgery) Training Course, Richard Wolf Corp./Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois, USA
- Transanal Endoscopic Microsurgery (TEM), Transanal Minimally-Invasive Surgery (TAMIS), Minimally-Invasive (laparoscopic) colon and rectal surgery
- NanoKnife System Workshop, University of Louisville, Kentucky, USA
- Endorectal Ultrasound Course (TRUS, Transrectal Ultrasound) of the American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons, St. Louis, Missouri, USA
- Contour Transtar Training Course, European Surgical Institute, Hamburg, Germany